Camp Beds


From the first time I went camping, things have changed a lot. I started out sleeping in a thin rectangular bag. You know the kind you zip around you.  I would get all comfy warm but in the middle of the night, I would find myself turning frequently - feeling cold. I soon realized there were ground blankets and camp rugs that would have allowed me to have a more comfortable nights sleep.

A friend talked me into purchasing a sleeping mat. I found it to be a decent cushion, provide insulation and be comfortable. And added bonus is it's light and easily carried.

When we first moved to parking at our pitch site,  I tried an egg crate mattress pad, also known as convoluted foam pad. I found this to provide decent protection from the ground but unfortunately we have a dog, that head buts the pillow before spinning around in circles, only to dig before laying down to sleep. You've probably already guessed, he ended up shredding a portion of our foam pad.





My husband had an injury a few years back and it was suggested he try out a camp cot so we got him a military type stretcher while I used a camp cot made of canvas fabric stretched over aluminum tubing.  The cots were comfortable and the reinforced center leg allows for easy setup. We plan to still use these in conjunction with the bags and sleeping pads.








Recently, we purchased two Intex air beds that work with our battery operated pump.







Both have flocking which cleans easily and is waterproof and can be covered with sheets with deep pockets.





Comments